Saturday 1 September 2012

More pages from the R.A. project sketchbook

Sculpting heads:

I wanted to,as best as I could capture the almost emotionless expressions on the Jagger heads. The face are very stoic looking, staring into the distance. They're very square-jawed to go along with their powerful bodies. 
 
 
I began with three Jason Statham heads to which I added Milliput to build up the bone structure. This was my first ever try at sculpting on the human head and I really enjoyed it. One day I may try the full thing.

 
Once the heads were completed, they were given one of Tony Barton's Mk1 Brodie helmets each. Even the width of the chinstrap had to be exaggerrated to fit in with the feel of the heads.

 
 
The heads have now been primed with grey primer. I know which one I want to use for the Driver.

 
I'm pleased with their uniformity. This has gone better than I thought it would!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home