Saturday 2 February 2013

Shell Fragments

 
 
 
 
 
 
This is an idea which I originally gave to one of my 6th Year students who had based her folio on Dazzle pattern camouflage as used in WW1. We replaced the image of the steel balls contained within an artillery shell with as many of the faces we could find of service men from WW1 to act as a comment on the number of lives a single shell could take. It was almost a play on the phrase 'a bullet with my name on it'.
This obviously needs more thought but the casting of 1/6 scale soldiers' faces in latex has allowed me to start to bring this idea back into play. I'm limited here to A4 as that's the largest size I can print at. The image needs to be larger to allow room for more faces to give it its full impact. It's possibly something that could become more sculptural and three dimensional rather than the original 2D concept.
 
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home