Saturday 14 September 2013

WW1 Lewis Gunner. Probably my last 1/6 figure.

Another commission for my customer in Kent. Andrew wanted a piece that looked like it was sculpted by Charles Sargent Jagger to go with his Artillery Memorial triptych. I think I enjoy making figures that look like bronzes rather than making figures that look like figures (if that makes sense).
As with the Artillery figures, a lot of the uniform and equipment had to be scratchbuilt. Was happy to be making the rain cape again as its inclusion really makes it look like a Jagger piece.





 
Gunner at priming stage
 
 
Since taking these photos, the gunner has been sprayed black. Having trouble finding the oiled bronze spray I used on the other figures.
I haven't done any work on the figure since my dad died at the start of August. Andrew has been very understanding for which I'm very grateful.
I think this will be my last 1/6 figure. My interests are changing again, my job is changing and so are my priorities. Still have a load of figure bits and pieces. Do I sell them off or keep them........?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home