Sunday 15 September 2013

A few more sketchbook bits and pieces......

I don't think I'll be getting much of my own work completed this year. With running the department, teaching photography and a huge Advanced Higher section, most of my spare time and thinking time will be taken up thinking of ways which will help them progress. This is fine. They're a great bunch of pupils, possibly the best 6th year I've had. They deserve my full attention. If I'm thinking about ideas for them it means less head space to dedicate to what happened to my dad.
I'll try to keep sketchbook ideas going. It's important for the pupils to know and see that their art teachers are practicing artists. It's one of the advantages we have over other subjects.

I still want to two pieces relating to the Falklands War; one about the suicide rate amongst British veterans, the other about the age of Argentinian conscripts. I need approximately 80 more figures for the suicide piece. Will have to wait for Asda to restock on their cheaper supplies.

I'm still collecting fighter planes for the 'No Fly's On U.S' piece that is currently a 2d image. I could complete it now but I would like it bigger.

Would really like to do the Arab Spring piece but funds don't allow at the moment.

I could do the Berlin Wall piece if I got my finger out!!!!!!!!!

A few bits from my sketchbook. Mucking around with textures. Apologies for the rubbish photos taken with my phone. Photography teacher n'all!


 
Still like the imagery of the gas-mask wearing WW1 soldier. The biblical text underneath refers to the Horseman of the Apocalypse. Don't know what it's meant to represent yet but I'll make something fit. Will plant sigils in the slide mounts at some point.


Some sigil work trying out texture pastes and polyfilla, scratching into the surface. Rubbing paint into it. Not entirely how I want it to look but it's a start. Always been interested in using text in work. With sigils you get to make text derived designs. You can blatantly express feelings about people, situations or anything come to that without having to be obvious about the meaning behind the symbols.





 
 
Medal ribbons, glue gun and Tippex ( I think) Done before the summer holidays. Not sure where this particular line of work is going. Have plenty of ribbons to muck about with. It's a rubbish photo.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home